So, you’re looking into upgrading your living room with a nice 70-inch TV.
The only problem?
You don’t know if your budget wall mount can support it.
Well, don’t bother looking up figures online.
I’ve got you covered with the weight data and more.
Keep reading to discover:
- 3 astonishing facts about the weight of 70-inch TVs.
- 5 robust wall mounts that can support 70-inch TVs regardless of weight.
- 8 smart TVs and 3 weight figures (package, with a stand, without a stand) for each.
- And so much more…
How much does a 70-inch TV weigh?
A 70-inch TV weighs around 57.4 lbs (26 kg). With a stand, those figures increase from around 58 lbs (26.3 kg) to 64 lbs (29 kg).
70-inch TV weight – 3 surprising facts
#1: The average weight of 70-inch Samsung TVs is 58.1 lbs (26.35 kg)
Great display, fantastic sound, intuitive smart platform…
Samsung TVs have it all.
And results speak for themselves:
16 years. That’s how long Samsung has been on the top of the TV world as of 2022.
In fact, 29.5% of all global TV sales belong to Samsung.
But lately, almost every brand manufactures TV with good display, audio, and software.
So, let’s talk about something else:
How much does a Samsung TV weigh?
To answer that question, let’s take a look at Samsung’s only 70-inch TVs:
For Samsung TU7000
The TU7000 is one of Samsung’s budget TVs.
But, make no mistake, this is still a great TV packed with features like:
- Boundless Design: Bezel-less body.
- 4K UHD: For a 3840 x 2160 display.
- Crystal Display: For a more crisp picture quality.
- Crystal Processor: For upscaling every show to 4K.
- Auto Game Mode: For low latency and minimal distractions during gaming.
And, as for its weight, it’s around:
- Package weight: 75.4 lbs (34.2 kg).
- Samsung TU7000 with a stand: 54.5 lbs (24.72 kg).
- Samsung TU7000 without a stand: 53.4 lbs (24.22 kg).
For Samsung Q60B
Unlike the TU7000, the Q60B isn’t a budget TV.
The Samsung Q60B uses QLED. This is their screen technology that has a “deeper range of colors at brighter volumes.”
Along with QLED, the Q60B also has the following features:
- AirSlim Design: Thin build.
- Motion Xcelerator: For better motion clarity.
- Quantum Processor Lite with 4K Upscaling.
- Samsung Health: To monitor your TV’s well-being.
- Workspace: To use your TV for remote work purposes.
The only catch is that the Q60B is a tad heavier than most TVs. This is how much it weighs:
- Package weight: 83.8 lbs (38.01 kg).
- Samsung Q60B with a stand: 64.2 lbs (29.12 kg).
- Samsung Q60B without a stand: 62.8 lbs (28.5 kg).
Now, if you’re interested in learning more about this TV…
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this video as it offers an honest opinion about the Q60B:
#2: The average weight of 70-inch LG TVs is 64.3 lbs (29.17 kg)
If Samsung is the king of TVs…
It wouldn’t have its shortage of rivals. And their closest competitor?
In fact, LG produced 18.9% of all TVs globally in 2021. This number may shrink to 17.7% in 2022, but that’s still a large market share.
And now that you know their market figures…
What about their weight figures? Let’s find out:
For LG 75 Series
One thing that LG does better than Samsung is having diverse options at cheaper choices.
As an example, the LG 75 Series has a 70-inch variant that only costs $449.99.
Now, you might be thinking:
“Surely they’ve cut a lot of corners to make it that cheap, right?”
And you’d be right.
However, the TV still has a lot to offer, like:
- 4K UHD Display.
- Noise Reduction and Dynamic Color.
- Game Optimizer: For low input lag while gaming.
- Voice Controls like Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.
The 70” LG 75 Series weighs around:
- Package weight: 87.5 lbs (39.69 kg).
- LG 75 Series with a stand: 69.2 lbs (31.39 kg).
- LG 75 Series without a stand: 67.7 lbs (30.71 kg).
For LG Nanocell 75
Now, let’s take it up a notch.
The LG Nanocell 75 is the next-generation equivalent of the LG 75 Series.
This fact means that the Nanocell 75 does everything that an LG 75 can do, but better. The most notable difference of which is the display.
After all, Nanocell technology promises the following:
- Filtered and refined colors.
- Natural and lifelike images.
- More crisp and smooth display.
What’s more is that the Nanocell 75 also weighs less than the 75 Series at:
- Package weight: 81.6 lbs (37.01 kg).
- LG Nanocell 75 with a stand: 64.2 lbs (29.12 kg).
- LG Nanocell 75 without a stand: 62.6 lbs (28.4 kg).
For LG UQ9000
The UQ9000 is the perfect middle ground for LG TVs.
At $750, this TV has a lot of fantastic features without breaking your wallet. These features are:
- Real 4K UHD Display.
- AI Brightness and Sound Controls.
- HDR 10 Pro: For more crisp images.
- α5 Gen 5 AI Processor: For better upscaling.
- Smart Assistants like Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri.
And it also doesn’t weigh much. The UQ9000 weighs:
- Package weight: 80.9 lbs (36.7 kg).
- LG UQ9000 with a stand: 63.5 lbs (28.8 kg).
- LG UQ9000 without a stand: 62.6 lbs (28.4 kg).
You might also be interested in: How Much Does A 65-Inch TV Weigh?
#3: The general weight of other 70-inch TVs is 49.8 lbs (22.59 kg)
Now, what if you’re interested in buying from a different manufacturer?
More specifically, from budget brands like Insignia, Vizio, and Hisense.
Don’t worry. I got you.
Let’s discuss the 70-inch TVs from these brands and 2 specific things about them, namely:
Notable features and their weight figures.
- 4K Ultra HD.
- Alexa compatibility.
- LED-backlit LCD screen.
- Insignia NS-70DF710NA21 with a stand: 51.4 lbs (23.31 kg).
- Insignia NS-70DF710NA21 without a stand: 50.81 lbs (23 kg).
- 4K Ultra HD.
- Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+.
- Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in.
- V-Gaming Engine: For less than 10 ms input lag.
- Full Array Backlight and Active Pixel Tuning: For higher brightness peaks and contrast.
- Package weight: 76.70 lbs (34.8 kg).
- Vizio V705-J03 with a stand: 53.80 lbs (24.4 kg).
- Vizio V705-J03 without a stand: 52.70 lbs (23.9 kg).
- 4K Ultra HD.
- Voice Remote.
- Dolby Vision, HDR, and HDR10+.
- DTS Virtual X: For more immersive audio.
- Package weight: 61.7 lbs (28 kg).
- Hisense 70H6570G with a stand: 46.3 lbs (21 kg).
- Hisense 70H6570G without a stand: 45.9 lbs (20.8 kg).
Note: With these figures, the 70H6570G is the lightest TV on this list.
Why does the weight of a TV matter?
The weight of a TV matters because some surfaces can’t support a certain weight. Furthermore, this information is also important if you’re looking to mount your TV to a wall.
But if you want your wall mount to carry as much weight as possible, look at these:
- Sanus VLT5.
- Vogels WALL 545.
- Invision HDTV-DXL.
- AVF Superior ACL224.
- One For All Ultra Slim WM6611.