“Hey. Do you mind giving me a hand?”
You’ve likely heard this phrase too many times in your life.
Often, it’s someone asking for your help carrying an item.
And, as someone who’s helped a lot of people…
Let me tell you that a 60-inch TV is no joke.
Want to know how much they weigh?
Keep reading to discover:
- The only 60-inch TVs left on the market.
- 7 60-inch smart TVs and how much they weigh.
- Why you need to look at a TV’s weight before purchasing it.
- And so much more…
How much does a 60-inch TV weigh?
A 60-inch TV weighs around 37.5 lbs (17 kg) to 44 lbs (20 kg). With a stand, this number swells up to around 38.58 lbs (17.5 kg) to 48.5 lbs (22 kg). Moreover, the entire shipping weight of a 60-inch TV ranges from 46.3 lbs (21 kg) to 57.3 lbs (26 kg).
60-inch TV weight – 5 amazing facts
#1: 60-inch TVs aren’t the norm
Do you already own a 60-inch TV?
If so, congratulations. You have a truly rare possession.
The truth is this: 60-inch TVs just aren’t the norm in the smart TV business.
To prove this, look around the online catalogs of your favorite manufacturer.
You might see one or two 60-inch TVs, but they’re never flagship models.
In fact, Sony doesn’t even sell TVs of this size at all.
And, truth be told, it’s better to invest in a 65-inch TV instead.
However, if you really want a 60-incher…
You still have a couple of options, as you’ll see below.
#2: The weight of 60-inch Samsung TVs
Samsung is the undisputed king of smart TVs.
Now, you might ask:
“How can you say it’s the best TV manufacturer out there?”
And my answer is this: I didn’t decide that it’s the best manufacturer…
The consumers did. And the numbers speak for themselves:
Many factors contribute to this, like their great display and build…
But do they also produce lightweight 60-inch TVs?
For the Samsung TU7000
The first Samsung TV on this list is the TU7000, which is among Samsung’s budget TVs.
But just because it’s cheaper doesn’t mean that Samsung skimped out on its features.
After all, the TU7000 has the following:
- True 4K Resolution.
- Crystal UHD Display.
- Boundless Design: No bezels.
- Voice Assistants like Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri.
And, as for its weight figures, this list will provide everything that you need to know:
- Package weight: 24.4 kg (53.8 lbs).
- TV weight with stand: 17.5 kg (38.6 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 17.2 kg (37.9 lbs).
For the Samsung Q60A
The Q60A is the only 60-inch Samsung TV with a QLED display.
This means that you should expect the following with your picture quality:
- Automatic 4K upgrade.
- Dual LED: Standard LED with QLED.
- Quantum HDR-powered color and contrast upgrade.
Now, these features don’t come cheap. In fact, the Q60A retails at $899.99.
That might be a little heavy for your wallet…
But is the TV itself heavy? Check out its weight figures below:
- Package weight: 25.21 kg (55.6 lbs).
- TV weight with stand: 19 kg (41.9 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 18.6 kg (41 lbs).
Does this TV appeal to you? Want to learn more about it?
You can watch this in-depth video discussing the Samsung Q60A:
#3: The weight of 60-inch LG TVs
LG may be a powerhouse in TV manufacturing…
But the choices for their 60-inch TVs are scarce.
In fact, there are only 2 60” LG TVs on their website today.
The question is, how heavy are they?
For the LG UHD UM Series
If you’re in the market for an affordable 60-inch TV…
Look no further than the LG 60UM6900PUA.
This TV retails at around $419.99, which is remarkably cheap for a TV this big.
Did they cut corners to make this happen? Sure.
However, this TV is still packed with features like:
- TruMotion 120 Hz.
- Quad Core Processor.
- Noise Reduction and 4K Upscaling.
- 4K Active HDR. (3840 x 2160 pixels.)
Furthermore, this TV is also the heaviest on this list so far. Thankfully, not by much.
The weight of an LG 60UM6900PUA is:
- Package weight: 25.31 kg (55.8 lbs).
- TV weight with stand: 19.6 kg (43.2 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 19.4 kg (42.8 lbs).
For the LG UHD 70 Series
The LG 70 Series is supposed to be the evolution of the UM Series.
That means that everything the UM Series can do…
The 70 Series can do too, but with some important distinctions.
For starters, while the UM Series has 4K Upscaling, the 70 Series has true 4K.
And the 70 Series also has additional features, like:
- Sports alerts.
- Beautiful design to blend in with the decor.
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for gaming.
Unfortunately, the 70 Series also weighs more than the UM Series, as seen here:
- Package weight: 26 kg (57.3 lbs).
- TV weight with stand: 19.82 kg (43.7 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 19.4 kg (42.8 lbs).
#4: The weight of 60-inch Vizio TVs
Samsung, Sony, LG…
These are the household names when it comes to TVs.
However, more and more people are also starting to buy budget brands.
And my personal favorite among them is Vizio.
Now, how do they stack up against the mainstream competition in terms of weight?
For the Vizio V-Series 60”
Like other brands, there are only a few choices for 60-inch Vizio TVs.
Let’s start with the V-Series first.
At $399.99, you can get the following features on this TV:
- Dolby Vision.
- 4K Upscaling.
- Ultra High Definition.
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz Dual Band Wi-Fi.
- Voice Controls like Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri.
- Screen sharing with Apple AirPlay, Miracast, and Chromecast.
What’s more is that, out of the TVs listed here, the V-Series is the lightest at:
- Package weight: 25.8 kg (56.8 lbs).
- TV weight with stand: 17.5 kg (38.5 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 17.0 kg (37.50 lbs).
For the Vizio M-Series
Alternatively, if you have a little more cash to spare, you can also get the Vizio M-Series.
The downside? This isn’t actually a true 60-inch TV, but rather a 58-inch one.
But they’re close enough that you won’t notice the difference.
Now, here’s what the M-Series brings to the table in terms of features:
- Local Dimming: For vivid contrast.
- Quantum Color: For better color accuracy.
- Ultrabright 700: For higher brightness peaks.
- Progaming Engine: For less than 10ms input lag.
Since it’s only 58 inches, you’d be right to expect that this is a light TV.
What you won’t expect, however, is how much lighter it is than the other TVs at:
- Package weight: 21.5 kg (47.44 lbs).
- TV weight with stand: 16 kg (35.32 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 15.8 kg (34.88 lbs).
You may also be interested in: Is Vizio a Good TV Brand?
#5: The weight of the Hisense A6G
Another budget TV brand that we have to talk about is Hisense.
More specifically, its only 60-inch TV:
The Hisense A6G.
But, before we talk about its weight…
Let’s first discuss why it’s a great TV. After all, it’s remarkable that a budget TV has the following features:
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Auto Low Latency Game Mode.
- HDR, HDR10, and Dolby Vision.
- 4K Ultra High Definition Resolution.
- DTS Virtual: For a more immersive sound.
- Other assorted features like Google Assistant, Chromecast, and Voice Remote.
Now, moving on to its weight:
Unfortunately, Hisense doesn’t provide the package weight of their TVs. However, as for everything else, here’s what you need to know:
- TV weight with stand: 14.69 kg (32.4 lbs).
- TV weight without stand: 14.51 kg (32 lbs).
Why does the weight of a TV matter?
The weight of a TV matters because of its placement in your home. For example, glass surfaces are known to be fragile when a heavy object is placed on top of it.
Furthermore, you also need a TV’s weight figures when you’re using it with a wall mount.
Wall mounts can only support up to a certain amount of weight.
However, you can also use a more sturdy wall mount. My recommendations are: